Plain white flour ( Maida) 1 cup
Melted Ghee 2 – 3 tbsp
Carom Seeds (Ajwain) 3/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Combine the plain flour, ajwain seeds and salt in a wide bowl. Add the heated ghee to the flour and mix very well.
- Make a soft dough by adding the water little by little. Cover with a lid,
set aside for 30 minutes.
- Then knead the dough for a couple of minutes
and divide into 6 equal portions.
- Roll the each dough ball into a big
circle and cut into small strips or diamonds using a knife.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it is hot, drop the pieces in oil.
- Deep fry them on a medium flame until light golden brown color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them in a tissue paper. Cool down completely and
store in a airtight container.